“Privacy & Cookies Notice Statement”
Effective Date: May 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to Duiker Combustion Engineers B.V., Turfschipper 91, 2292 JK Wateringen, the Netherlands (hereafter “Duiker”), and describes how Duiker collects and uses the information, which may include personal data, you provide on our career website https://www.duiker.com/careers(hereafter “Site”) and/or through other means during your application process.
By accessing and using (including submission of any data) the services available on the Site, you agree to be bound by this “Privacy and Cookies Notice Statement” as if you had signed them. In case of disagreement with the articles in the “Privacy and Cookies Statement” please contact email@example.com and let us know your remarks and/or disagreements.
As part of your application process, Duiker will request you to provide the following information (or some of this information depending on the precise role you are applying for) or process this information, some of which may include personal data:
- Contact information, such as your first name, last name, city, state, country, email and phone number;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, language skills, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, information on your driver’s license or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the recruitment process;
- Information collected during face to face interviews, video-calls and/or phone-screenings you may have, and if you are requested to provide a video-recording of yourself;
- Information on recruitment events you attended such event registration information;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, your notice period in relation to your current employment, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate or travel, and/or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained in accordance with applicable law during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality and/or right to work or reside in a specific country, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from Duiker employees, background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Duiker and/or any previous employment history with Duiker;
- Assessment results (where applicable);
- Travel information (including travel and meal preferences) if traveling is part of the recruitment process;
- Payment details such as your bank account number necessary for reimbursements of permitted expenses as part of the recruitment process; and/or
- Work permit details.
Data we collect automatically
When using our (career) website, Duiker also collects information automatically, some of which may be personal data. This includes data such as language settings, IP address, location, device settings, device OS, log information, time of usage, URL requested, status report, user agent (information about the browser version), operating system, result (viewer or applicant), browsing history, and type of data viewed. Duiker may also collect data automatically through cookies. We use these cookies to recognize you as an applicant, to recognize if you are entering the Site through a referral link, to customize our services to your settings (such as your preferred language) and to improve the Site.
Information we receive from other sources
Recruitment agencies: Duiker may receive information relating to you from recruitment agencies.
Pre -employment screening service providers: Duiker may receive information relating to you from third parties that perform background checks upon instruction of Duiker as permitted by applicable law.
We use your information, some of which may be personal data, for the following purposes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications, interests and suitability against our career opportunities;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s);
- Possible reimbursement of costs made by you for which you are eligible to receive reimbursement;
- To register you for Duiker recruitment events;
- Assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- As permitted by applicable law, verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- To send you job alerts informing you of other potential career opportunities at Duiker, newsletters and information regarding upcoming events of which we believe will be of interest to you. As part of these communications, we will include an unsubscribe link that you can use if you don’t want us to send messages in the future;
- Making improvements to Duiker’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations and legal processes.
In view of purpose 1 to 5, Duiker relies on the legal basis that the processing of your personal data is necessary in the context of the intention to enter into a contract with you. If you do not provide the requested information, Duiker cannot properly assess your application or enter into a contract with you. In view of purposes 6 to 9 Duiker relies on its legitimate business interest to assess you during the recruitment procedure, to provide its recruitment services to you and to improve its recruitment process. When using personal data to serve its legitimate interest, Duiker will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your information against Duiker’s rights and interests. For purpose 9, Duiker relies also where applicable on compliance with legal obligations. Where needed under applicable law, Duiker will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data.
If you wish to object to the processing set out under 5 to 7 and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly (for example in the email we sent you), to the extent applicable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Depending on the vacancy, you may be requested to perform an online assessment to establish whether you meet certain job requirements (e.g. language tests, availability to work at given times, job preview and competency test). A decision could be taken by automated means (i.e. algorithms) which you will receive via an automatically generated notification. Your assessment results shall be automatically transferred to Duiker and will be part of your application file. Your assessment results may be used to provide specific training and/or coaching during your employment with Duiker and your assessment results may be shared with managers and/or coaches for this purpose.
If you have questions about the automated decision making process used by Duiker, please contact us at email@example.com . If you are unhappy that an automated decision has been taken, please contact us within 21 days after the automated decision has been made to ask us to reconsider the decision or to take a new decision on a different basis. There is no guarantee that a different decision will be taken, but we will consider the application and its grounds.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include verification of skill proficiency, criminal history, financial history and other information that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Duiker. You will be informed thoroughly about the entire screening process beforehand separately.
Sharing With Affiliates: in order to assess whether your profile fits with the vacancy, your information which may include personal data may be shared with subsidiaries of the Duiker corporate family. As permitted by law, your information may also be shared for analytical purposes. To find out everything you need to know about the Duiker corporate family (i.e. all entities that are subsidiaries from Duiker Combustion Engineers B.V.), visit www.duiker.com.
Duiker Services B.V.: 100% subsidiary of Duiker Combustion Engineers B.V., may need to share some parts of your information, which may include personal data, with other members of the Duiker corporate family, for compliance purposes as permitted by applicable law and strictly necessary to protect Duiker corporate family and its members, including Duiker Services from fraudulent activities and investigating and handling data security breaches.
Sharing With Third-Parties: we share your information, which may include personal data, with third parties as permitted by applicable law and as described below. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
- Service Providers (including suppliers): we share your information with third party service providers for example to provide our recruitment services, store data and/or maintain the Site on our behalf. These service providers shall process personal data only as instructed by and to provide the services to Duiker.
- Payment Providers and other Financial Institutions: to process payments between you and Duiker your information, as relevant, is shared with payment providers and other financial institutions.
- Travel agencies: if you have to travel as part of the recruitment process, we may share your information, such as your name, contact details and passport number, with travel agencies for making travel arrangements.
- Screening: we may share your information with third parties to conduct pre-employment screening as permitted by applicable law.
- Compelled Disclosure: when legally required, strictly necessary for the performance of the recruitment services, or to protect Duiker’s rights, or users, we disclose your information to governmental authorities including law enforcement (subject to a lawful request), any of the affiliates part of Duiker corporate family, or in legal proceedings.
Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregate Data: we may share information in aggregate form and/or in a form which does not enable the recipient of such information to identify you, with third parties, for example for industry analysis and demographic profiling.
International Data Transfers
The transmission of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. Where required by European law, Duiker shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European standards.
Duiker observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, information including personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard information including personal data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
When we employ you:
if Duiker employs you, Duiker shall share your relevant personal data with the employing member of the Duiker corporate family. Your information which may include personal data collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your personnel file. All personal data we retain as part of your personnel file will be subject to our internal retention policy for employees. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details included below.
When we do not employ you:
if Duiker does not employ you, Duiker will nevertheless continue to retain and use your information which may include personal data in order to consider you for new positions. Duiker may refer back to an earlier application in case you submit a new application in the future. In this respect Duiker International B.V. will retain your personal data for a period of two (2) years following rejection of the job application procedure, unless otherwise required by applicable law. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to be contacted anymore by Duiker for new job vacancies.
Your Choices and Rights
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or if you want us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting email@example.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data you are welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org If you want to exercise any of the rights you have under this Privacy Statement, please contact our us via email@example.com . All questions and complaints reported to Duiker will be investigated. Duiker will attempt to resolve complaints and questions in line with internal policies.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Just as our business changes constantly, this Privacy Statement may also change from time to time. If you want to see changes made to this Privacy Statement from time to time, we invite you to access this Privacy Statement to see the changes. If we make material changes or changes that will have an impact on you (e.g. when we start processing your personal data for other purposes than set out above), we will contact you prior to commencing that processing.
Cookie Notice Applicants
Effective Date: May 2018
This Cookie Notice applies to Duiker Combustion Engineers B.V., Turfschipper 91, 2292 JK Wateringen, the Netherlands (hereafter “Duiker”), and describes how Duiker uses personal data collected through cookies and other techniques including pixels (“Cookies”) on our website http://www.duiker.com/careers (hereafter “Site”).
When entering the Site, Duiker automatically collects data using Cookies.
The types of information that we collect through Cookies include IP address; language settings; device ID; viewed pages; browsing information; browser type; operating system; internet service provider; timestamp; the referring URL; features used or activities engaged within our services; and location data depending on the device you use.
More information on cookies: cookies are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive. If you are concerned about having cookies on your device, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your device. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the websites you visit, may not operate correctly.
More information on pixel tags: pixels (also known as “web beacons” or “clear gifs”) are electronic files that usually consist of a single-pixel image and can be embedded in a web page or in an email to send information, such as a newsletter. Duiker may use pixels to place or recognize a Cookie on your device if you use our Site.
More information on Application Software Development Kits (SDKs): an application SDK is a set of code that can be embedded directly within an application on a mobile phone, computer, or other device. We may collect information through an SDK that is embedded in our services. If it is not feasible or practical to integrate an SDK into an application, we may send and receive information using a third-party or our own first party Application Programming Interface “API”.
Third party Cookies: Duiker may allow certain third parties to place Cookies. If you have questions about which Cookies are used and which parties place such Cookies, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
We use your information, including personal data, collected through the Cookies for the following purposes:
- Market research: we use information that we collect through Cookies to pursue Duiker’s legitimate interests to engage in market research (such as the analysis of market segmentation or trends and preferences and behaviours).
Sharing With Affiliates: as permitted by law, your information may also be shared for analytical purposes. To find out everything you need to know about the Duiker corporate family, visit www.duiker.com , such as but not limited to Duiker Services B.V. a 100% subsidiary of Duiker Combustion Engineers B.V.
Sharing With Third-Parties: we share your personal data with third parties as permitted by law and as described below, such as service providers acting on our behalf. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
Service Providers (including suppliers): we share your information with third party service providers for example to provide our recruitment services, store data and/or maintain the Site on our behalf. These service providers shall process personal data only as instructed by and to provide the services to Duiker.
Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregate Data: we share data in aggregate form and/or in a form which does not enable the recipient of such data to identify you, with third parties, for example for industry analysis and demographic profiling.
There is a difference between session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies only exist until you close your browser. Permanent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve Cookies or allow the serving of Cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as for security purposes (such as fraud detection) and where absolutely necessary, will a Cookie have a longer lifespan. If you have questions about specific retention periods, please contact us via the contact details included below.
Questions or Complaints
Changes to the Notice
Just as our business changes constantly, this Cookie Notice may also change from time to time. If you want to see changes made to this Cookie Notice from time to time, we invite you to access this Cookie Notice to see the changes.