Duiker: Innovative partner for long-term solutions
We are Duiker Combustion Engineers, an internationally operating technology and engineering company. We want to make clean, affordable and sustainable energy available to everyone on this planet. Our core activities are related to low-carbon ammonia cracking & combustion and sulphur recovery. Through our expertise, we are recognized for our quality worldwide.
Our ambiWorking at Duiker means working in an informal and ambitious organization with committed colleagues; committed to the organization and committed to each other. Together, we work on innovative solutions to realize our ambitions. Do you want to intern with us?
Are you curious and focused on innovation, collaboration and achieving results? Do you get energy from developing innovative and sustainable process solutions? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
Department and your function as Process Technology Intern
The Process Technology department develops and optimises processes and is the centre of process technology expertise within Duiker. The department comprises innovative engineers who design, realise and improve unit operation and processes for various ammonia applications, including ammonia cracking and combustion.
As part of our efforts to promote sustainability in the process industry, we have developed a new process for cracking ammonia to produce hydrogen. As part of the feedstock prepration, the ammonia must be purified to remove contaminants that are detrimental for downstream units such as the reactor or the separation system. Various methods can be deployed for purifying this ammonia, depending on the impurity (oil, water, H2S, particulates, etc.). This internship will focus identifying suitable purification technology depending on the type of impurity. The envisaged activities include:
- Making an inventory of impurities and their impact
- Literature review to separation technologies
- Quantification of limits of use for the various sepration technologies
- A deeper technical dive into one of the technologies for the impurity with the highest impact
What do we ask of you?
We expect that you are intrinsically motivated and able to manage yourself. Have an affinity for technically challenging tasks and can present and discuss results clearly and concisely. Candidates with the following would be highly preferred:
- You are currently working towards an MSc/BSc in Chemical Engineering, Process Technology, Chemistry or similar discipline.
- You have experience in using process modelling tools (Aspen, python)
- You are skilled in reporting methods and information processing.
- You have excellent skills in the English language.
What do we offer?
- The stipend indication is between € 350,- and € 500,- gross per month depending on level of education.
- A very challenging position in an ambitious organization with a nice and informal working atmosphere and appropriate training to develop your skills further.
Are you excited about this job opportunity? If that is the case, we would like to get in touch with you!
Please visit www.duiker.com for more information about our organization or to apply directly.
You can also e-mail your CV with motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact Jebin James (Development Lead Process Technology) at +31(0)174282785