Duiker: Innovative partner for long-term solutions
We are Duiker Combustion Engineers, an internationally operating engineering company, based in Wateringen. Our core activities are related to sulphur recovery, by combustion and process technology. Through our expertise we are recognized for our quality worldwide. We are proud of this feat, but our ambition also goes way beyond that.
Our ambition is to make clean, affordable and sustainable energy available to everyone on this planet. To achieve this, we are developing ways to convert sustainable energy carriers into others, such as hydrogen. To convert green ammonia into hydrogen or directly into energy on a global scale, we use state-of-the-art technologies and cooperate with leading partners in their area of expertise.
Working at Duiker means working in an informal and ambitious organization with committed colleagues; committed to the organization and committed to each other. Together, we work on innovative solutions to realize our ambitions. Will you be our new colleague?
Are you curious and focused on innovation, collaboration and achieving results? Do you get energy from developing innovative and sustainable process solutions? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
Your function as Senior Engineer Controls & Instrumentation
To realize our ambitions in the field of sustainable energy, we are developing new value propositions. These developments include the integration of processes such as combustion, phase transitions, separation, heat exchange and various chemical reactors. You will take the lead from the point of developing high level safety and control philosophies all the way to selecting the specific instruments used.
Additionally you support our existing business in a hands-on fashion by supporting both our customers and colleagues in all regards relating to safety, controls and instrumentation.
Therefore a workweek might include attending a HAZOP, the final inspection of a valve train, writing safeguarding and control narratives, designing cause and effect diagrams, providing remote assistance to a field engineer and selecting analysers and other instrumentation which are best suited for what we need to measure in a new process.
With your enthusiasm, controls and safety knowledge, leadership and innovation orientation, you form, together with your colleague and sparring partner, the controls and instrumentation department. Together we will realize our goal to convert green ammonia into hydrogen and energy on a global scale.
What will you do?
The position of Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer is a very dynamic role which encompasses all aspects of the discipline from the high level all the way down to using a wire stripper. Communication, collaboration, prioritizing and organizing your work therefore are very important. The following are your key responsibilities:
- Manage projects and be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects through ensuring the quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.
- Assume responsibility for cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control.
- Ensure effective communications with other engineering disciplines, project management, customer and supplier teams.
- Provide support in the instrumentation area for procurement activities.
- Issuing all deliverable documents (such as: narratives, cause and effect diagrams, P&ID’s, instrument datasheets, etc.).
- Representing our company in meetings with clients such as HAZOP’s and inspections, this could require occasional travel.
- Undertake developmental activities like preparation of work instructions and procedures.
- Contribute in development and growth of people (e.g. coach colleagues).
What do we ask of you?
- 10+ years of experience in (a) similar senior role(s).
- Having a Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering is desirable.
- Having a dynamic and hands-on attitude.
- Being a quick learner with the ability to self-teach.
- Having excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Wanting to work and win together.
- Being flexible for some business travel.
- Having excellent skills in the Dutch and English language.
What do we offer?
- The salary indication is between € 3500,- and € 5260,- gross per month, subject to knowledge and experience.
- A Collective Labour Agreement that includes 38 vacation and leave days per calendar year (based on full-time employment), a pension plan with PME (‘Pensioenfonds voor de Metaal- en Elektrotechnische industrie’), a profit-dependent bonus and other attractive secondary benefits.
- The position involves in principle a full-time employment of 40 hours. However, a working week between 32 and 40 hours is open for discussion. In addition, attention is paid to the work-life balance with the possibility of hybrid work.
- A very challenging position in an ambitious organization with a nice and informal working atmosphere and appropriate training to develop your skills further.
- A one-year contract followed by a permanent position upon proven suitability.
Are you excited about this job opportunity? If that is the case, we would like to get in touch with you!
Please visit www.duiker.com for more information about our organization or to apply directly.
You can also e-mail your CV with motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have any questions? Please contact Judith Machielse of HR at 0174-282700.